Your smile forms a central part of your image, which affects your professional and personal relationships. Fortunately, there are numerous cosmetic dentistry procedures that your dentist can use to improve your smile. Even a subtle change to your smile can make a huge difference in the way you look, the way you feel about yourself, and the way others perceive you.
The Consultation Process
A typical cosmetic dentistry consultation is a brief appointment with the dentist to discuss any issues that you have with your teeth and smile, as well as the various treatments available and the best options for your case.
To ensure the best results from your cosmetic dentistry consultation, you should have a good idea of what you want – your ideal smile – before approaching the dentist. Generally, you should know:
- What shade of white you would like your teeth to be – natural, ultra-white, in-between
- Do you want your teeth to be in perfect alignment or slightly varied?
- What defects do you want to be fixed? – missing tooth, crooked or misaligned teeth, fractured teeth, stained teeth, etc.
Even as you express your interests to the dentist, your dental visit will also include a physical examination, a review of your dental and medical history, and dental imaging so the dentist can have a clear look at your teeth. Next, you will establish clear treatment goals based on your needs and concerns. This provides a great opportunity to ask other specific details about procedures you’re interested in. At the end of the visit, you will know:
- The cosmetic procedures that are right for your case
- The treatment process
- How it would benefit you
- What to realistically expect after each procedure – based on previous patients before-and-after pictures
- When to start your cosmetic dental treatment
- How long the treatments will take
- The recovery time
- How your life would change
If you’re self-conscious about your teeth or want to improve your smile, please schedule your free consultation with your cosmetic dentist in Pilsen CHI today.